Transforming one who is addicted to drugs takes time and stages. This is done in rehabs or other institutions dealing with such. These ways are not exactly the same. People are addicted to different types of drugs. Selecting a rehab should, therefore, be done with some factors put into consideration:
- TYPE OF DRUG ONE IS ADDICTED TO
Drug addicts are under the influence of
different drugs for each one of them. The time one has consumed a certain drug
because the effect of alcohol on someone’s body is completely different as the
one addicted to cocaine.
Addiction is a tragedy; but to have someone
recover, it is definitely a choice.
- PROGRAMS OFFERED IN THE REHAB
Either medical or physical treatment, one
has to undergo what the practitioner has recommended. Selecting a rehab entails
what meets everyone’s needs. The time to be spent will be determined by how
much of the drug has been taken and its effects too. This can be done as either
being an outpatient or an inpatient.
- THE COST OF THE REHABILITATION
People will rush
to what is cheap and affordable. They forget that there are facilities to be
used and will be a bit expensive. Others will say that expensive is durable.
What is more important is to get treatment. Addicts can get treatment to their
level of financial stability only depends on which one. Cost can be higher if
the effect of the drug on the victim is enormous.
- PROXIMITY OF THE REHAB FROM THE VICTIM’S HOME
It is important for family members to be
part of their loved one’s recovery. So the institution being near home will
give an opportunity for such to happen. But to have someone going far for
quality medication is also not bad.
It is necessary to consider whether the
victim is male or female. The way to rehabilitate a man is way different from a
woman. There are institutions especially for both genders. This includes like
violence in men that a woman in the same center cannot handle.
- QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF THE STAFF
To select these rehabs is needed. Remember it is for our loved ones so leaving them in the hands of skilled personnel is necessary. The staff is enough to a point that no one feels like they are being overworked.
And in conclusion, abuse of drugs is
dangerous. It was not intentional for one to depend on them so much. Maybe for
situations unbearable some people may find themselves into drugs. Drugs are not
the solution. Preventing rehabilitation by not doing drugs.
The US is experiencing an ever increasing challenge of drug abuse and alcohol addiction. A simple act of experimentation may plunge you into a big problem that will require a lot of money to release yourself. Seeing a great opportunity in this industry, there is a huge number of rehab centres with less federal regulation. The main intention of these centres is to make huge profits at the expense of vulnerable patients. Most of the rehab centres regard patients as goods that can be used to conduct their business. They have encouraged marketers who apply all persuasive methods to ensure that they convince patients to join their rehab centres. At the facilities, services are very expensive and substandard. Upon completion of the program, most patients do not show any signs of change. In fact some of them become worse compared to the time of joining the program. This article will delve into some of the dangers of joining a rehab program in Florida Addiction and recovery center as follows:
- Mandatory coverage– The rehab centres take advantage of the vulnerability of members and charge them exorbitantly. If the patients have a cover, the rehabs charge them highly and the burden is shifted to the insurance industry. Lack of pricing regulations makes the centres to charge the patients highly. some of the expensive tests that are done on the patients are not necessary and only serve to raise the cost.
- Human rights abuses-In some centres, patients are exposed to various forms of human rights abuses. Some patients are sexually abused, made to work without pay and many other complaints. There are various forms of human rights abuses in the rehabs near me including patient brokering, violation of privacy laws, predatory web practices, identity theft and insurance fraud, illegal marketing, and luring of patients.
- Unscientific treatment approaches– one of the evils happening in some treatment centres is the use of unscientific methods to treat patients. This state of affairs may lead to the continuation of the alcohol addiction which the homes are supposed to treat. For example, some homes say that they are able to cure the problem of alcoholism, this claim is scientifically false. Alcoholism is not cured but treated. Some sober homes offer you a guarantee of 100% recovery if you join their program. This claim is false and nobody should guarantee you 100% success in the program that they offer. The main purpose of sober homes is to offer the patients spiritual, emotional and physical support that is necessary to enable them overcome their alcoholism.
- Personalized approach to treatment-Most centres do not offer patients individualized treatment services. Each recovery case is unique and must be treated as such.